Friday, December 9, 2011

Knitted Ribbed Hat


The women's ministry at my church is having a silent auction to raise money to help give Christmas to those less fortunate. I decided to knit a few things to donate to the auction. I had 2 balls of Lion Brand Hometown USA  in Houston Cream so I made a cowl with 1 skein and wanted to make a hat with the other. I needed something quick so checked all over Ravelry for a pattern. I found one that used English rib stitch, which I had never done before. I tried about 5 times and couldn't get the hang of it and my deadline was looming so I just adapted the pattern to have a regular rib stitch. This hat was super stretchy and warm, I can't wait to make it again. It took me 2 evenings, I think I may make it for some Christmas gifts!

Here's my pattern:

Used Lion Brand Hometown USA (super bulky)
Size 15 circular needle
Size 17 circular needle
Size 17 double pointed needles

With size 15 circular needle, cast on 42.
1st 4 rows: K2, P1
Switch to size 17 circular needle.
P4, K2 repeat to end of row. Continue until hat is approximately 7 inches.
Start Decrease Rows:
1: P2tog, p2, k2, repeat to end of row.
2: P1, p2tog, k2, repeat to end of row.
3: P2tog, k2, repeat to end of row.
4: P1, ssk, repeat to end of row. Switch to double pointed needles.
5: K2tog til end of row.
Cut yarn, thread through remaining stitches, pull through the hole & tie off.


1 comment:

  1. I love your hat. This is my first visit to your blog so I took some time to browse through your earlier entries. I'm so glad I did that. You've created a lovely spot for your readers to visit and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete