Saturday, December 3, 2011

I'm Back...

Well, I apparently have forgotten to blog for over 2 years! Looking back at my last blog post I see why I stopped. We started looking for a house in March 2009 and bought one in May of that year. It's a 50 year old house in Overland Park and we still love it. It's a very cute house, hardwood floors (that we refinished when we bought the house), has a sub-basement and even a greenhouse! Unfortunately the greenhouse isn't effective for keeping plants in as I found out immediately. I put some out there to keep until I brought them into the house & they fried instantly. At least it makes a nice potting shed.

About the same time we bought the house I was given a new position at work. I work for a retail broker, we work with manufacturers to get their products into grocery stores. We work closely with AWG here in KC - they supply over 2000 stores in the Midwest and the South. I was moved over to the specialty food department and started working full-time. I really love working in that department, the people are great and it's so interesting to learn about new foods. I've tried so many things that I would never have bought and tried on my own. And my family loves all the great samples I get to bring home! This position is very demanding, we are always busy but I love it. Unfortunately it means I'm a little more tired at night and don't always feel like getting on the computer (except to Facebook of course!)

So I'm going to try to write more, hope I hold to that!

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to have a greenhouse. We've talked about building one, I hate to hear that yours fried the plants. I guess we'd best get an export opinion before we do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you will be okay if you buy a commercial greenhouse - mine looks like it is at least 30 years old and was probably made from a kit. It doesn't have a fan or a way to open any windows. I'm hoping to one day have the money to re-do it. Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete