Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Scrapbook Paper Cubicle Wall Cover


When my company moved to a new office building in October, we got new cubicles (which are pretty nice for cubicles - they even have their own coat closets!) However they were just too beige - beige walls, beige desktops. I couldn't stand to look at that all day. We had 3 days without any computer or phone access so I had time to come up with something that looked nice. I had a bunch of really pretty K & Company scrapbook paper that I hadn't used yet. Frankly I hated the idea of cutting it and covering it up! So I took it in to work, laid out a pattern that I liked and stapled it up to the back wall. I left the 2 side walls bare for work related things and other pictures. This gives me a really pretty background to look at all day and was fun to do. Plus I can change it out whenever I get tired of it. So far 2 of my co-workers have copied my idea and done something similar to their walls. Everyone who visits our office compliments it; hopefully I've started a new trend!

7 comments:

  1. Very cute cubicle wall idea. I love a decorative cubicle. it makes the long days so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What type of plants are those? I want to get some for my cubicle at work, but I have no idea what to get and those are pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The plant on the shelf is a jade plant & the ones on either side of the monitor are african violets. They do very well in the fluorescent lights!

      Delete
  3. Awesome. I am finally sick to death of my "mushroom" cubicle walls. This is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. How did you mount the scrapbook paper to the cubicle wall?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok I just re-read your post...did you use a regular stapler?

      Delete
  5. Great idea!!! I just moved into brand new cube and wanted something fast and simple...

    ReplyDelete