Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas Presents

Christmas rocked this year - as always! I'm an only child so I LOVE getting presents! But I think I love giving presents even more.


Favorite presents given:


To my mom - 2 scarves I made - one while we were there visiting from some yarn she had bought years before - I love giving something I've made. The one I made while we were there was pretty cool looking - it was made with 2 yarns, a navy and a silvery-blue ribbon yarn. I may have to make another for myself!


To my dad - impossible to buy for - the only thing he wanted was a specific level so we found it and now I want one - it measures exactly where the hanger on your picture is and tells you where exactly to put the nails! I so need that!


To Darin - don't really have a fave this year - I'm a little bummed because I didn't get him anything totally cool - last year was the remote-controlled helicopter that I surprised him with - but this year I just couldn't think of anything awesome. He wanted a Playstation 3 and the latest Grand Theft Auto but we don't have that kind of cash. Hopefully they'll come down in price next year so I can get it for him. I did get him some pretty cool t-shirts - a Predators Tootoo jersey shirt, a throwback blue Penguins Crosby jersey shirt, and a "Hoosiers" Jimmy Chitwood Hickory jersey shirt - he saw that online & sent me the link just to get a rise out of me because his obsession with Hoosiers annoys me. I bought the shirt because I knew he didn't think I would! I'm not saying Hoosiers isn't a great movie, I just don't need to watch it every single time it's on. I also got him the last season of the Simpsons and 2 books. Again, nothing too exciting.


I think my favorite things I gave this year were these little antiqued angels that we had in our wedding reception - they are actually placecard holders but we had them on the tables holding pictures of us as kids. I had about 50 of them total and I ended up with about half after my mom and Aunt Phyllis divided up the rest. I gave one to my mother-in-law & sister-in-law and then to several close friends. I also gave one each to all the ladies in my office. I looked up a scripture about angels and put that on a tag with the angel - I hope they liked that. I would have done this much sooner but didn't get the angels from my mom's house until this past summer. I had almost forgotten about them!


Favorite gifts received:


From my parents: A new camera! I so desperately needed one - my old one was not too great expect for close-ups and the view screen was miniscule! I got a Nikon Coolpix and am in love with it. I can't wait for baseball season so I can try out the zoom and panorama features from the upper deck. Oh, and the camera is red - my favorite color!


From Darin: A beautiful Brighton silver heart bracelet - it matches the necklace & earrings he gave me a few years ago - I love it! He totally surprised me with it too since I didn't even ask for any jewelry this year! He gives awesome presents though and my stocking rocked again this year as usual.


From my mother-in-law: Polka-dotted galoshes!! I'm so excited about these - I realized that I needed these since my work pants keep getting soaked in the snow this winter. This is the first winter since I moved here that I have worked outside of the house. In previous years I just stayed in when it snowed, now I have to get out. So I found these galoshes on Amazon and put them on my wish list. My fabulous mother-in-law who buys the best gifts anwyay bought them for me. I just had to take a picture of them and share:


The best part of Christmas though was visiting my friends Jenny & Patti in Memphis and getting to spend a week with my parents. It was wonderful to finally meet Jenny's 5 month old daughter - what a sweetheart! And it was fun to host Christmas with Darin's mom and sister's family yesterday. I guess now it's time to take down the decorations - I may be too lazy for that this weekend though!

4 comments:

  1. No need to be bummed--I liked everything I got from you! Now, if you'll excuse me, it's time to watch Hoosiers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noooo, not Hoosiers!!! You should have done that one of those days you were home alone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bill & I enjoyed having lunch with you & Darin so much and wished we could have spent more time with ya'll!!!
    We love our Angel & it is setting pretty in our china cab. Thank you, again!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your polka-dot rubbers!!!
    They are too cool!!!
    I'd jump in every puddle I could find!!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete