Sunday, January 25, 2009

Recent Knit Projects

I've been knitting up a storm lately! Guess it's the cold weather that makes me just want to sit in my comfy chair by the fire & knit. I found a great pattern on http://www.ravelry.com/ for a cabled hat - the pattern was super easy. I made myself one and then my co-worker Erica loved it & asked me to knit her one. Here they are:

My hat in progress (I could wear it like that as a new style!) and completed:

Erica's Hat:
Two weeks ago I made this little ruff/scarflet out of some mohair yarn that I've had for 2 years and didn't know what to do with. I was making a longer scarf and messed up so I started taking it out & decided to just make a short scarf & added a row of buttons to dress it up. I used some buttons from my grandmother's button jar. I wanted a hat to match but couldn't find a pattern I liked. So when Erica asked for the knit hat, I asked her for a crocheted hat like one she had made for herself. I wanted a hat like that and couldn't really replicate it in knitting so it worked out - I love the one she made! Now all I need to do is learn how to knit gloves and I'll have a set. Don't hold your breath! Here's the set:


This week I also knit a baby hat for my friend Kim's new baby Andrew. I haven't taken a picture of it yet but it's really cute. I knitted myself a scarf out of some really colorful ribbon yarn, I love how it looks! I wore it to work Friday and one of my customers came in and said I needed to market it - not a bad idea! Here it is:

So today I'm looking at more patterns, trying to decide what to knit next! Guess I should knit something & see if I can sell it. It would be nice to make money on something that I love doing!

3 comments:

  1. OMG!!! They are all beautiful!!!
    I love how you used your granny's buttons from her button jar for the short, reinvented, scarf!!
    Girl you are soooo talented!!!!!
    Your pic wearing one of the hats & scarves is great, too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is talented, isn't she? Pretty amazing stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair has gotten SO long! Your hats are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete