Monday, January 19, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire

We saw Slumdog Millionaire today. I really enjoyed it. I'm not sure that it is Oscar-worthy but does at least deserve to be nominated. It was really hard to see children living in poverty but it was so amazing to see how they overcame that on their own with no adults helping them along the way. It was a heartbreaking movie but uplifting too. And I loved the dance at the end!

In other news, I finished the hat I was knitting this weekend - it is really cute and I wore it all day today. I need to take some pictures of it and post them. I just started working on a baby hat for my friend Kim who gave birth to her 2nd son last week - welcome to the world Andrew Collins! I'm very proud of myself for learning to knit hats on multiple double-pointed needles - I was really scared of trying it but now think it's a snap after only a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment