Saturday, January 10, 2009

Toby & Alex

Here are my beloved cats Toby & Alex:


TOBY




Toby is 5.5 years old & weighs about 20+ lbs! I got him when he was 6 weeks old from my next door neighbors in Memphis. He gets along ok with Alex, I think he would prefer to still be an only child! To be fair about his weight, he was around 15 lbs. when we got Alex and I guess he was afraid the new kitten was going to eat all of the food so Toby ate constantly! He's been better lately, I don't think he's gaining, just maintaining the same weight. I have him on diet food! Toby is named after the Christian singer Toby Mac because I was totally in love with him when I was in college & always wanted to name a child Toby, then realized that it wasn't the best name for an adult but a good name for a pet.



ALEX



Alex is now 9 months old - we got him when he was about 7-8 weeks old from my sister-in-law Nikki. We had been thinking of getting Toby a companion and I fell instantly in love with Alex when we were over at Nikki's house. I begged & Darin relented so we took him home that day. He looked exactly like Toby did when he was a baby so I couldn't resist! They still look almost exactly alike except that Alex has a white spot on his chest. Alex has been a handful though - he's a yeller and pounces on Toby at every opportunity. But they seem to play well together most of the time and we often find them curled up sleeping together. Alex was named after one of our favorite Royals, Alex Gordon.

1 comment:

  1. Toby & Alex are soooo cute!!!!
    Meeeow!!!!! (from Alex)

    ReplyDelete