Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Recycling

So we started recycling about 2 months ago - we live in an apartment complex so there is no recycling pickup in here - I really should suggest that to the new managment. Anyway, we've been recycling cans for a while but we decided we could do more. I bought some clear storage bins & we cleaned out a corner of the garage where they would fit. We are recycling all the magazines and catalogs that I get (2 tons - LOL), plastic, glass and cardboard. Darin took the recycling over to the center off of 119th St. last week - it works out well since it is about 2 blocks from my office. I'm very proud of how gung-ho he has been about this - I'm more of the environmentally aware person than he is but he is getting into this. Thanks Darin!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comments on my blog and thanks for letting me know that you have one now! I'll be checking back often! As for plants...let's talk about that Thursday. You might not want to give me any once you see what I did to the last one I got. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm not sure when I became a hippie. I guess I'm just trying to disprove the theory that all us conservatives hate the environment.

    ReplyDelete